Fun Ideas for Fundraisers
Every dollar counts! Fundraising in your community is a great way to connect with those around you while raising money for a good cause.
Need some fundraising ideas for your friends, school, workplace or church? Here are some ideas to get you started:
Have a bake sale/pot luck lunch
- Employees bake/bring cakes/eatables in and all payments go to charity.
- Employees bring lunch food/wine and everyone who eats makes a donation.
Have a dress down day
- Pick a day and allow everyone who makes a donation to dress casually.
- Wear a colour in honor of a loved one
- Know someone who had breast cancer? Ask everyone to make a donation and wear pink, the awareness ribbon colour for breast cancer.
- Have an employee who had childhood cancer? Ask everyone to make a donation and wear gold.
- Distribute the list of cancers and ribbon awareness colours to everyone, and ask them to wear a colour for a loved one who had that cancer.
Sell assorted coloured ribbons
- Purchase ribbon and straight pins and allow employees to make donations and receive a loop of ribbon in the colour of their choice.
Payroll deduction sign up
- Provide employees with the opportunity to complete a one-time payroll deduction as a donation. The company could encourage donations by agreeing to match the donations dollar for dollar.
Have a raffle
- Raffle off a parking spot.
- Sell raffle tickets for the best parking space in the lot at church or school. Or the boss’s spot! Whoever wins, gets to park there for a week, a month, a year……
- Raffle off the chance to be “Principal for the Day” or “Boss for the Day” (or use this as an incentive for the person who raises most money).
- Raffle off a nice camera, iPad, iPhone, grocery store gift card, gas card, jewelry.
Sell tickets to win lunch or golf with the boss
- Lunch will be out of the office and the boss pays.
- Tips for the waiters and waitresses
Teachers become the servers in the cafeteria or canteen at school
- They bring the school lunch to the student, clear the plates, dispose of the trash, bring cutlery and pour water… for tips.
- Executives become the servers in the employee dining room.
- Doctors become the servers in the hospital coffee shop.
Competitions between senior management
- Make donations to watch senior management compete against each other in a bike race, hula hoop contest, get a pie in the face….
- Executive Car Wash or Shoe Shine
Ask the boss to be a good sport for a good cause and do something for the employees
- Get your shoes shined by the boss; have your car washed by the executives.
- Dress-up the Boss
- Boss wears a costume voted on by all employees if the donation goal is met
Ugly Tie or Hat or Jewelry Contest
- Donate $ to vote on tackiest executive tie, hat, jewelry
- Shave the Boss’s Head or Dye the Boss’s Hair
- Employees reach or exceed company donation goal, and the boss agrees to shave off his or her hair (heads of hair or mustaches and beards).
Have a contest (department to department)
- To decorate your cubicle/desk/office/department.
- Tug of war (top donor gets first pick when choosing teams).
- Zumbathon/Dance off/Karaoke
- Make a donation and ZUMBA!
- See who the best dancer is.
- Have a karaoke competition, with donations from all entrants.
- Bring in books that you no longer need/want and sell them.
- Gather all employees/students and make a donation to watch a variety of movies
- Get everyone together and set up a quiz and see if you know as much as you think.
Swear box/change collections
- Collect change in the office every time an expletive escapes.
Have any other great fundraising ideas? Let us know!